With over 20 years’ experience, Colin has a very strong background in the insolvency area and is sought out for the commercial and strategic approach that he brings to each matter. He is also regularly requested to give presentations and publications across a range of topics in the insolvency arena.
He has long standing relationships with a number of Australia’s leading insolvency practitioners, and regularly acts for secured and unsecured creditors, administrators, liquidators, bankruptcy trustees and other insolvency practitioners across a range of industry sectors, as well as acting for and advising individuals, boards and company directors on all aspects of insolvency law. As a result, Colin has extensive experience in all areas of both personal and corporate insolvency & reconstruction including:
- Early diagnosis and advice on legal issues affecting solvency
- Restructuring and workout solutions for companies in financial distress
- Preparation of deeds of company arrangement, schemes of arrangement and other informal arrangements
- Acting for administrators, liquidators and receivers on all aspects of their appointments
- Acting for secured and unsecured creditors in enforcement and recovery actions
- Advising individuals and Trustees on personal bankruptcy matters
- All forms of insolvency related litigation and dispute resolution.
Colin also acts for private and corporate clients involved in a broad range of commercial disputes, particularly in respect of contractual and commercial transactions. With years of experience in complex commercial cases, Colin is aware that litigation can be costly and time consuming and doesn’t always deliver the optimal outcomes that the parties may be seeking and works to identify and obtain the best solution for his clients whether it be through negotiation, conciliation, mediation or arbitration. However, when litigation is necessary, he understands the intricacies of the Court processes and advises his clients on litigation strategies aimed at delivering optimal outcomes, and works collaboratively with clients to manage their legal costs, and the impact of the dispute on their businesses.
Outside of work, Colin is a keen follower of the varying fortunes of the Parramatta Eels, the Waratahs, as well as each of the men’s and women’s Australian Cricket and Football (Soccer) teams. He also has a keen interest in the ever-developing independent brewing and distilling arena, as well as a broader interest in cooking and food/ drink history and development.